Power Rates & Fees
Pulaski Electric Power Rates and Fees
PES is committed to providing the most cost beneficial power rates and fees possible to our residential and commercial customers. PES purchases electricity from the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The TVA was founded in 1933 in recognition of the need to supply electricity to the Tennessee Valley which was hit hard by the Great Depression. Supplying electricity at affordable costs was identified as an integral part of economic growth.
Today TVA is still committed to providing the most cost effective sources of electrical power to the region it serves and PES extends those cost benefits to its residential and commercial customers with power rates and fees that allow us to provide safe and dependable electricity to customers in Giles County.
The PES Power Rates and Fees are regulated by TVA and approved by the Board of Directors to cover day-to-day operations of the supplying power, maintaining the power grid and are also designed to accommodate and facilitate area growth and economic development as well as stay abreast of new technologies and infrastructure to provide a safe utility to customers.
We also recognize that customers can experience financial stress with electric bills during high usage months. In an effort to help you anticipate your power rates and fees we are disclosing the basis of them here, but we strongly encourage customers to download and take advantage of The SmartHub® online and mobile app to help you better understand, predict your bill and to enable you to manage your usage to help decrease charges. The app also provides a way to pay your bill online.
You may contact the Customer Support Team at 931.363.2552 with questions about your bill or the PES rates.
SmartHub® online and mobile app is free to download and easy to install on your phone, tablet or computer.
Power Rate Schedule
As of August 1, 2018, customer electric usage is billed based on the following fees (including Fuel Cost Adjustment). Please note that the complete charge for electric service changes monthly based on the latest TVA fuel cost adjustment. This adjustment is calculated and controlled by the TVA. It will rise and fall with the variable price of generation fuels. PES simply passes the adjustment through to our customers.
As of August 1, 2018, residential electric usage is billed based on the following fees (including Fuel Cost Adjustment):
- Customer Charges: $22.42
- Energy Per kWhs: $0.10158
Small Commercial Rate Under 50kW
As of August 1, 2018, small commercial facility electric usage is billed based on the following fees (including Fuel Cost Adjustment):
- Customer Charges: $35.52
- Usage per kWhs (not to exceed 15,000 kWhs): $0.10645
Medium Commercial Electric Rate
As of August 1, 2018, mid-sized commercial facility (51kW to 1,000kW) electric usage is billed based on the following fees (including Fuel Cost Adjustment):
- Customer Charges: $152.24
- Usage for the first 15,000 kWhs: $0.10994
- Usage for remaining kWhs: $0.06254
- Demand per kW above 50 kW: $16.40
Large Commercial Electric Rates
As of August 1, 2018, large commercial facility (1,001kW to 5,000kW) electric usage is billed based on the following fees (including Fuel Cost Adjustment):
- Customer Charges: $532.85
- Usage per kWhs: $0.06617
- Demand per kW for first 1,000 kW: $19.26
- Demand per kW above 1000 kW: $13.57
Manufacturing MSB-TOU Rate-26
As of August 1, 2018, manufacturing (5,000kW and up), electric usage is billed based on the following fees (including Fuel Cost Adjustment):
- Base Customer Charge: $1,500
- Onpeak: $9.97
- Maximum: $2.97
- Excess over contract: $9.97
- Onpeak: 0.07403
- Offpeak First 200 hours: 0.04969
- Offpeak Next 200 hours: 0.02077
- Offpeak Additional kWh: 0.01829
Outdoor Lighting (YL rates 01, 72,7 3, 74, 77, 78)
As of August 1, 2018, outdoor lighting electric usage is billed based on the following fees (including Fuel Cost Adjustment):
All new lighting will be replaced with LED equivalent.
- Energy Per KwH: 0.06923
- 150W HPS Security: $8.60 – 71W LED Security $9.74
- 175W HPS Security: $7.56
- 250W HPS Security: $12.14 -– 136W LED Security $13.95
- 400W MH Security: $17.20 -– 150W LED Security $16.71
- 400W MVI Security: $14.79
- 400W HPS Security: $17.20
- 1000W MH Security: $39.34 -– 218W LED – $20.18
Residential Security Deposit Information
A. A minimum deposit requirement of not less than $200 is required of any residential customer. The minium deposit is based on customer class average. In lieu of a deposit, PES will accept a credit scoring deemed satisfactory and acceptable by PES, obtained from a credit reporting agency selected by PES. If the credit score is not acceptable, the customer must satisfy the minimum deposit requirement by cash, check, debit or credit card payment.
B. Additionally, a deposit may not be required for any customer who currently has service with Pulaski Electric System and who has not had any late payments, delinquent notices, disconnections, or bad checks within a two-year period immediately preceding the customer's application for new service.
C. A customer who has an unpaid account balance with PES must pay the unpaid amount and satisfy deposit requirements in order to obtain service.
D. Upon disconnection of service, PES may apply the deposit plus earned interest to the customer's outstanding bills and shall refund any remaining balance to the customer. Upon written request by the customer or at the discretion of PES, the deposit, including earned interest, may be evaluated. On an annual basis, the simple interest shall accrue at the rate of the local banks on passbook accounts on deposits held longer than twelve months.
E. PES may refund the deposit to the customer after three years of continuous service, provided the customer has made no payments after the last date for payment, had no returned checks with PES and has not paid more than one late payment in the last 13 months. Upon the customer's request, and at PES's sole discretion, if the customer paid a higher deposit due to a bad debt, the customer's deposit may be reduced to not less than $150 after 13 months of continuous service, provided the customer has made no payments after the last date for payment, had no returned with PES and has not paid more than one late payment in the last 13 months.
F. PES may require any customer to establish or increase his/her deposit if the customer becomes a payment risk, declares bankruptcy, and/or it has been determined by PES that fraudulent or unauthorized use of service or equipment tampering has taken place. Inflation, change of address, or increased use of service may also require the deposit level to be raised not less than the maximum required under this policy. This policy was amended as of October 22, 2002, to allow the residential security deposit to be waived for any customer who currently has service with Pulaski Electric System and who has not had any late payments, delinquent notices, cutoffs or bad checks within the two-year period immediately preceding the customer's application for new service. This amendment is designed to help customers when they are moving from one location to another within our system in cases where they have a good payment record with PES but do not have a score available from our credit reporting agency.
Commercial Security Deposit Information
Commercial Security Deposit
A. A security deposit approximately equal to twice the highest monthly bill over the previous twelve months must be paid in advance to obtain electric service. For new facilities or uses, the required deposit will be based on the contract demand and/or the estimated electrical usage. Payment may be made by cash or check. In lieu of a paid-in-full monetary deposit, PES will accept one of the following:
1. An “Irrevocable Letter of Credit” for the amount of the deposit. If the letter is for one year, it is the responsibility of the customer to see that it is renewed each year for a period of five years. The Letter of Credit must be renewed 60 days prior to expiration.
2. A “Customer Guaranty of Deposit” from an existing customer of PES with at least a good payment history (no more than two late payments within the past 12 months, no terminations and no returned checks). This option is available only for accounts under 250kW. The guaranty must be for a five-year period and must state that, upon demand by PES, the guarantor will assume responsibility for any unpaid bills as set forth in the guaranty.
3. A new PES customer with usage that is expected to average 250kW or above may elect to receive a weekly invoice for a maximum period of 15 months. The weekly invoice, payable within five days, will be estimated with a month-end “true-up.” During that period, the customer will be required to maintain a deposit equal to two weeks’ usage. If the customer’s usage increases, so will the necessary deposit amount. A $100 monthly administrative fee will be charged to customers using this program. Within 60 days of the expiration of the 15-month period, the customer must make arrangements to secure the deposit through one of the other approved mechanisms. Customers utilizing this deposit program may not participate in an “interruptible,” “market day” or other variable-based rate program.
4. Existing PES customers with a good payment history (no more than two late payments within the past 12 months, no terminations and no returned checks) will be permitted to break their deposit amount into 12 equal monthly payments. If the customer’s usage increases, so will the necessary deposit amount.
B. Any existing customer with usage that averages 250kW or above over a 12-month period will be required to establish and maintain a deposit equal to twice the highest monthly bill to receive electric service. If a customer has multiple meters serving the same facility, operation, or business unit, the usage of all the meters will be totaled to determine the deposit requirement. Payment may be made by cash, check, or by using one of the security guaranties described in paragraph A. IRS designated not-for-profits are exempt for this requirement.
C. Upon final termination of service, any retained cash deposit and accrued interest, if applicable, will be applied against unpaid bills of the customer. If any balance remains after such application, said balance shall be refunded to the customer. Interest shall accrue after 90 days, retroactive to day one. The annual rate shall be simple interest paid by local banks on passbook accounts and change from time to time as needed.
D. Any accrued interest will be paid at the time the deposit is refunded or at the time it is applied against a final bill. However, upon demand by the customer, interest which has accrued through the anniversary date of deposit will be paid at any time during the following year.
E. Except for those customers specified in paragraph B above, PES may refund the deposit to a customer upon request after five years of continuous service, provided the customer has paid all bills during the last 13 months within the net payment period and has no returned check record with PES.
F. PES may require a customer to establish or increase his deposit if he becomes a credit risk or if inflation or increased use of service has caused the deposit to be less than the minimum required under this policy. Any customer who appears on the service termination list for nonpayment will be considered a credit risk.
G. Governmental entities are exempt from the requirements of this policy.
PES Fee List
|Initial meter set or meter read in or out||$35|
|Disconnect for non-payment||$35|
|Disconnect for non-payment (w/bucket truck)||$125|
|Service call – after hours||$45|
|Service call – after hours (w/service truck)||$110|
|Read meter at customer’s request||$25|
|Test meter at customer’s request||$25|
|Connection of security light||$50|
|Connection of security light with pole||$350|
|Broken meter seal||$50|
|Theft of service||Actual Costs Incurred|
|Service design reactivation (6mo. after initial design is completed)||$100|
|GIS paper map (8.5” x 11” or 11” x 17”)||$5 per sheet|
|GIS paper map (C,D,E or custom)||$10 per sheet|
|GIS CD with PDF map||$10 per PDF file|
|GIS CD with Shapefile (with orthophotography)||$50 per 400’ map sheet $50 per 100’ sub-grid|
|GIS CD with Shapefile (PES-developed layers)||$25 per sub-grid|
|Replacement tree reimbursement||Max. $60/tree|
|Water heater (electric) rebate||$50|